Adequate transportation is crucial for the mobility of opportunity populations, many of whom do not own a vehicle and need assistance in finding jobs outside of their primary resident area. Such jobs serve as an important source of income for those that otherwise face limited employment opportunities.
Critical transportation issues currently identified include:
(1) Lack of adequate public transportation
(2) Lack of adequate non-public transportation to include micro mobility
(3) Inability of opportunity populations to afford transportation
(4) Lack of transportation infrastructure
(5) Lack of transportation for the disabled
SDEP Transportation Partners are working to provide direct transportation assistance and character loans to purchase autos. The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has mapped all means of public transit and infrastructure that has identified unserved areas. We are working with the City, COG & the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to determine additional transit options, since the average mean time for residents to commute to work is 30 minutes.
In Need of Services and Support?
Click on the button below and complete the requested information
Interested in Providing a Service?
Click on the button below and submit your areas of interest